Last March, the Princeton Library along with some energetic patrons and partners created a program to construct, share, create, and distribute structures known as Little Free Libraries. After a great deal of enthusiasm and participation our goal was reached to share the libraries with Princeton and the surrounding areas. Currently there are approximately 15 Little Free Libraries installed for everyone to enjoy. Here are the locations so far.
This BENCH, designed and painted by artist Ellie Barbeau sits proudly at the Princeton Library.
LIBRARY IN THE RAW was installed directly in front of the Princeton Pollinator Garden. It was built by Home Depot and is dedicated to Tony Cosimi, a past employee.
A Repurposed breadbox now lives at “The Flour House” at 950 North Main Street, Princeton.
Look to the past as this LFL reminds us of the original Matson building. The Bureau County Historical Museum has adopted this and it sits in front of its namesake.
LIFE IS SHORT created this tribute to “man’s best friend” with a little Free Library kit, purchased by the library. This LFL resides at 1025 South Euclid Ave, Princeton.
KEEP CALM AND FARM ON decorated by Simon Zehr, this LFL is now alive and well along the Kentville road south of Tiskilwa at the entrance to Willow Springs Church.
The First Christian Church members and children helped decorate and placed this LFL next to the Veterans Park on North Main street, Princeton.
Located at 818 Sunny Acres Drive, Princeton, this natural looking structure was installed by Patricia Gibson.
Staff members of PPL attended a LFL workshop in Springfield and began the project with this LFL. It is now in the neighborhood at 1940 Deerfield Road in Country Oaks, Princeton.
Chamber of Commerce artists Kim Frey, Maria Gold and crew constructed and finished this LFL and installed it at the Prouty Building Main Street, Princeton.
Dover Berlin 4H Club created this LFL with Linda & Lonnie Rieker. This Barn is complete with a mini-barn quilt and can be seen in Dover at 104 West Washington Street.
Presented by Robin Swift, this three part LFL reminds us of the shops on North Main Street. It is located at 808 West Hudson Street, Princeton.
By spring of 2017 we will notice this new LFL near the entrance to Zearing Park.